Ooooh, I LOVE this question!
Lots of people keep journals with systematic diary entries, but I understand that it doesn’t work for everyone.
Here are some cool/interesting/fun/motivational/productive things you can do that don’t necessarily include keeping a diary:
- Turn a Moleskine (or other notebook) into a planner/organizer/PDA/productivity system
- 52 lists
- 30 Days of Lists
- Answer "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"
- Start a gratitude journal
- Create a "life handbook"
- Keep morning pages
- Start a scrapbook
- Use journal prompts to answer questions when you feel like it
- Participate in the 7-week Life Cleanse
- Keep these 9 lists updated — REALLY useful things to keep track of!
- Take notes as you learn something new
- Use a notebook to keep track of goal-setting and productivity: 60 Ways to Improve Your Life in 100 Days
- Keep a recipe book
- Keep a reading journal/movie journal/music journal/fashion journal
- Start a quote book
- Make a travel journal — use it to plan your trip/vacation, then glue in transportation ticket stubs, itineraries, maps, photographs, dinner receipts at fancy restaurants, and write about your adventures
- Doodle in it
- Write poetry
- Cut out and glue pretty pictures
- Create a bucket list journal and record each item as you complete it
Does that give you enough ideas to start with? :)
(Made rebloggable by request.)
reblog to look at later. I love notebooks. It’s ridiculous how many I have. But I adore them
Saying specifically that they’d like to hear about your sex life is weird and creepy. I’m sorry. You shouldn’t have to deal with weird and creepy.
It’s ok. It wasn’t super lecherous. I should have told them with a straight face that I was saving myself or that they can’t handle the truth or Just L and I worship the devil or something witty but instead I just gave a weird smile and shook my head at them.
Chit chatting at work and sex comes up. How it changes etc. I sit and listen while typing away. Everyone is trying to say things, speaking in these half sentences so as not get hauled into HR when someone says “I don’t know about the rest of you but I’d love to hear about her (sex life). But I’d never ask.” Her being me. Yes, yes I’m sure you would.
Perhaps we should save this one for Frisky Friday, ehfit4forty?
I do believe this is the official start of frisky friday dance party they-call-me-nita
"That’s one of the great things about music. You can sing a song to 85,000 people and they’ll sing it back for 85,000 different reasons. "
Happy Friday! Show me the threads #WAYWF
Spiderman crashes Xmen set.
this needs to happen more often
Lush Domo #cantstophim (at Pipers Kilt)
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world. #NYC #centralpark
Dinner #lastnight #sogood #inwood #nyc